Hello PNWFM Members. We had been hoping that the fire situation in the North Cascades would be resolved in time for the Washington Pass trip, but an August “fire season” is again our reality. With the closure of Highway 20 we have made the decision to cancel our event. We hope to try again next year and explore the possibility of holding the field trip earlier in the summer when fire risk is not so high.
In the meantime Markus has offered to analyze any of your unknown Washington Pass or related mineral. He would perform EDX and XRD as needed and share the results at the PNWFM Symposium in October. Please contact him at email@example.com if you wish to send him material for analysis.
Thank you for understanding, and we’ll try again next year.